What are you using to create those nice looking layouts? I prefer the graph look to the acutual pictures and would like to create some. Thanks! -Aerinon 17:03, January 14, 2011 (UTC)
- My guess is that they're using Excel or some other spreadsheet. If you adjust row and column heights so each cell is square, border colors, and merging the cells of "units" (fields and factories), you can get something exactly like that, then take a screenshot. But it would be a little work. I can make an example mockup for you to get you started, if you're not good with Excel. Let me know.
- Good gaming! -RedKnight7 02:06, January 16, 2011 (UTC)
- OpenOffice.org Calc is free and works great.Tylor 17:16, June 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Well, after some years, here is the Link to answer all questions: External tools.
- Xobra (talk) 19:36, April 27, 2015 (UTC)
I think the following layouts are not very useful and that it'd be better to remove them from this article.
Please post your opinion(s) on this.--Grilse 14:00, December 18, 2009 (UTC)
Which Rose nurseries (for perfume) theres two and if it the first one then i agree but the 2nd ifs very useful. Emeegeemee 00:37, June 2, 2010 (UTC)Emeegeemee
removed from articleEdit
The following was removed from the article, as being possibly inaccurate:
This layout is called 'honour farm' because of all unlimitedly available goods (i.e. not counting pearls/ores), ropes provide the highest revenue per tile when sold actively to Al Zahir/Northburgh (reference needed). Thus, it is the most suitable choice of goods to produce if you want to crank up the honour you get from trade. In addition, it is also the most profitable per tile when sold actively. Fill an island with these blocks, sell all the ropes to Al Zahir/Northburgh, and the honour and money will come flying in. Just make sure your warehouse doesn't overflow.
Anno1404 17:37, December 14, 2009 (UTC)
- I am sure this is inaccurate. I originally created it based on a ropes sale price that was way too high. With the correct prices, I would prefer pearl necklaces or coffee, and those don't need a separate layout. So as far as I'm concerned, just delete this one.--Grilse 18:40, December 14, 2009 (UTC)
- That is, the layout works well for producing ropes, but producing ropes doesn't work nearly as well as the description suggests for obtaining money/honour.--Grilse 14:03, December 18, 2009 (UTC)
Almond layout Edit
I added my almond layout but couldn't get the little almond picture to load on the page if someone
wants to add it thats would be great.
Emeegeemee 22:37, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Done --Grilse 20:39, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
Switching out the pictures for graphs Edit
After looking over the layouts i thought i might as well switch out the pictures of layouts with graphs to help easily understand the layouts. If anyone wouldn't want me to do this to there layout please respond.
Emeegeemee 21:21, June 21, 2011 (UTC)
German layout PDF Edit
Anybody care to insert these german layouts here?