There is a variety of external tools (i.e., not included in the game) that are designed for Anno 1404.
- 1 Official toolset
- 2 Mobile applications
- 3 Calculators
- 4 Fan-made tools
- 5 See also
- 6 Notes
- 7 References
Together with patch 1.1, Related Designs released a Toolset that includes two editors for the game (ToolOne and World Editor). Both are officially in German only, but the applications themselves are mostly in English and should be usable for non-German speakers. The most recent version of the toolset is 1.2.
ToolOne is a scenario editor. It allows players to create their own scenarios, and can edit start/victory conditions, create quests, use custom assets (items/goods/units), and adjust game balance.
You can also use it to inspect much of the game's internal workings by viewing default values for game balancing and event triggers.
The world editor can create custom maps and edit existing maps.
goblog mana link donlotna
There is a free Android App where you can view production chains and their cost. Because it's on your phone, you do not have to alt+tab out of the game.
Allows you to fill in how many inhabitants you have and calculates which and how many production buildings you will need to satisfy their demands. Also supplies some other related information.
Found at anno1404-rechner.de.
Need Consumption Calculator
Enter your population and calculate the number of factories required to fullfill their demands. The calculator has a broad range of configuration options. A highlight is that population counts can be updated in real time.
Tool for live update: https://github.com/NiHoel/Anno1404UXEnhancer
- Dark mode
- Islands and trade routes
- Factory boosts
- Locking of needs
- All game languages
- Construction material production chains
Anno 1404 Assistant (Dawn of Discovery Assistant)
Asystent Anno 1404 (lub Asystent Dawn of Discovery) to program, który pokazuje łańcuchy produkcyjne i ilość każdego typu cywilizacji produkowanego przez jeden łańcuch produkcyjny. Jest to kalkulator offline (nie wymaga połączenia z Internetem), możesz zobaczyć razem z Anno i Alt-Tab w tę iz powrotem lub użyć klawisza „Windows”, aby przełączyć się na pulpit podczas gry.
Note: This calculator shows you only the Production chains and the Population needs for only 1 civilization type at a time and the maximum inhabitants supported by one Production chain.
Found at Anno 1404 Assistant - Annofans Forum (Link removed, it redirected to malicious websites)
This application provides tools to build layouts and export them as images. It was originally build for Anno 2070, but it can be used for all versions. Just the building-presets are currently only for Anno 2070.
Project page: http://code.google.com/p/anno-designer/
This project is now being actively updated by other developers within the community. It now supports all Anno versions from a single executable, and has new features being added.
Please see here to download an up-to-date version of Anno Designer:
Anno 1404 RDA Explorer
Allows you to browse the contents of Anno 1404's .RDA (main data packages[nb 1]). The Venice addon main data packages are located at the addon folder in the install directory.
The Github link to download the file https://github.com/lysannschlegel/RDAExplorer
RDA file organization
There are six main "DataX" .rda files.
- Data0.rda: contains all the AI .csl programming script files that control AI behavior.
- Data1.rda: entirely contains config files for game parameters like AI, engine, features, quests, all game texts, ect.
- Data2.rda: contains the game's graphics files.
- Data3.rda: contains the game's levels (maps).
- Data4.rda: contains the game's movies, music (in .mp3), and sound effects.
- Data5.rda: only contains the game's shader pfx/fx/fxs files.
- eng0.rda or usa0.rda: Europe or United States localization files including voiceover speech. Non-English versions will use a different .rda file named after their languange. You can delete all the language specific .rda files you don't use.
In the maindata folder you'll also have three patch files if running version 1.3 of Anno 1404:
- patch0.rda: updated versions of files from all the main DataX.rda's that overwrite the contents of the main DataX.rda's.
- patch1.rda: more updated versions of files from all the main DataX.rda's that overwrite the contents of the main DataX.rda's.
- patch2.rda: more updated versions of files from all the main DataX.rda's that overwrite the contents of the main DataX.rda's.
In the addon folder you'll also have the following patch file if running version 2.1 of Venice:
- patch0.rda: updated versions of files from the Data1.rda that overwrite the contents of the main Data1.rda.
Most of Anno 1404's graphics data is located in Data2.rda. Use the 1404 RDA explorer to extract files from Data2.rda.
The textures are stored in .DDS-format (DirectDraw Surface) and compressed with DXT5 (DirectX Texture compression). You can view and edit these images with the GIMP after installing the GIMP DDS plugin
Note: Ubisoft has also released a Fansite-Kit, containing many of the same images as listed below.
- and .SWW (savegames) files. The game's main data packages are located at the maindata folder in the install folder
- Found under data/graphics/ui/icons/gui/
- GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program
- GIMP DDS plugin.
To download and install the GIMP DDS plugin:
- Go to http://nifelheim.dyndns.org/~cocidius/dds/
- Download the win32 binaries (zip) folder (NOT the source (tar.bz2) file)
- Unzip the win32 binaries (zip) folder
- The win32 binaries (zip) folder has two files, dds.exe and readme.txt (with brief instructions)
- Move the dds.exe to to your GIMP plugins directory. This directory is usually located at: C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins